Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camping!

Ok so Dan and I went camping this weekend with Terry, Lori, Rob & Angie and it was interesting, mostly fun but interesting. When we first got to the campsite (hours later than everyone else since they took the day off work) I took Captain out since he had been in the car for hours. Well, turns out Angie brought her dog, and guess what?! He's not friendly with other dogs. Why would you bring a unfriendly dog to a campsite where there are going to be other dogs? I thought that was weird. Anywase Friday night sucked since I had a major headache thanks to the bank construction at work so I basically ate and when to bed. Terry & Lori had set up an extra tent for us, and even loaned us a air mattress so I thought that was so nice of them!! Saturday I woke up pretty early and went on a short walk with Captain. After breakfast we all decided to go on a 1 1/2 mile hike around the river. I brought Captain (my pug) and Angie brought Irish, who I have no idea what kind of dog it was but its about the size of a lab. Well Captain got tired mabye a mile into the hike so I had to listen to Rob talk about my sissy dog for the rest of the trip. I did get a chance to see if Captain likes the water though, and I'm thinking he does, just not rushing river water. Anywase Saturday after the hike we went back and Dan and I went to the store since he wanted beer. After we got back everyone wanted to go to the cave near by, but it was thundering, so I didnt want to leave Captain in the tent alone. Good thing my dog is small cause I got to bring him!! :D Captain and I wern't too big on the cave though, which was fine because the entire walk to the cave & around the cave took less time than the drive there. When we got back it was raining, but it wasn't too bad. Birch bay rain a few years ago was TONS worse... So Saturday night we sat around playing apples to apples but we played it where if your card was chosen you had to do a shot of whiskey (that was the only thing there to do shots of). After my 3rd shot I was able to do the shots at the table, and after my 5th shot I was pretty much done. We all went down to the water for a bit longer and I was pretty out of it. I couldn't even walk back up the hill 'cause I kept falling. At one point I thought I was going to fall right into the water! So when we got back to camp we all sat around the campfire talking for a bit. After maybe an hour Dan decided he wanted to go to bed. Without going into too much detail (cause I don't even know) I guess I can't drink around Dan. I pissed him off cause I told his friends that if I hear something in the middle of the night he makes me get up (which is SO true) and he was pissed off at me for saying that, which pissed me off so it pretty much wasn't a good night. I told him fine, i'll no longer drink around him and leave my crazy drunken stories for hanging out with my friends. So next time Dan and his friends play a drinking game I guess I'm out.... Now I'm home and tired since I didn't sleep well (the tent was a bit wet since it had rained for like an hour on Sat). So basically that was my camping story. Oh, and Angie (robs girlfriend who I just met) wow. She's nice enough...but she's almost 40 and I swear she wears her daughters clothes. Its kind of annoying when old people think that they are young and cool...its more annoying when you have to deal with them for the whole weekend. But whatever....

No comments:

Post a Comment