Monday, June 29, 2009

Road Trip (Day 1) Hakuna matata




Sunday, June 21, 2009:



12:00pm (ish) Kathy arrived at my apt to pick me up for our road trip to PA!!!!!!!!! So we get to her car and she wasn't joking, my bag will be sitting at my feet the whole drive. Our first stop, Walmart in Renton *we made it far, I know!!* So after loading up on snacks (but not too many since the car was packed* its time to hit the road!! We made it as far as Ellensburg before stopping for lunch & gas; I was secretly laughing since we made 3 stops in WA already...little did I know how the rest of the trip would go. So after stopping for food and gas we drove through the rest of Wa and into Idaho!! Stops in Idaho: one. I got lottery tickets and we got gas. Then onto Montana!!! Woot, bring on the cowboys! So in Montana I was starving so we decided to stop for dinner. We had our trustly little GPS so we ventured off of the freeway and down this LONG street. Get about 4 miles down the street (in the middle of Nowhere, MT) and Kathy is all "whats that in the road up there..oh shit" Yeah. there was a tree that had fallen and was completly blocking the road. Thats how out in the middle of nowhere we were...so I guess were not going there to eat..time to get back on the freeway!! Ok so then with the help of the GPS we find another resturant..what the hell was the name again...Jaspers (thanks to my twitters lol) so we ate at Jaspers resturant / casion / liquor store!! The food was suprisingly very good. We both got the same thing...I think it was a cajun chicken that came with a potato and vegis...so nummy!! So after dinner we drove into Missoula to stop for the night!! So far; zero cowboy sightings!!!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment